Score With These Sporty Gifts for Your Kids

Ff_75022_sFf_151717_sOkay, I totally missed the whole college football craze when I was in school. (I went to NYU and our mascot was a violet. Yes, they used to dress some poor fool up as a violet and make him dance around at sporting events. When someone finally woke up and realized that was … well, just sad, they turned us into the Bobcats, named after our library’s electronic card catalogue system. Scared yet?) Ff_112021_s Ff_168418_s

Anyway, I stumbled upon the awesome Football Fanatics site after being down in Texas last week during the famed Texas-Oklahoma Red River rivalry game. (Score one for the Boomer Sooners!) I couldn’t believe how huge this game was to those traveling to come see it. I could only imagine how fast everyone down there would snatch up the really creative college-themed gifts on this site. I mean, Halloween trick-or-treat pumpkins? Wooden play blocks? Pacifiers? Purses (both fashionable and silly)? Heck, there’s even mascot lawn gnomes! Which, come to think about it, would look smashing in a garden of violets … Ff_117731_s

Anyway, check out the fun gear on the site that you can brainwash excite your little ones with. (You can also find stuff for pro football teams, as well as basketball, baseball, hockey, soccer, and NASCAR.) But let’s get some college level rivalries going on here. Goodybloggers: What team is your kid suited up to root for? Ds_123944_s_2

Update: I’m barging in on Ron’s post to add my two cents: GO BLUE! This is my family at a University of Michigan game two weekends ago. This is what brainwashed excited looks like!!!

Goblue

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , | Categories: Uncategorized

1. by Ashlea Beal

On October 15, 2007 at 11:52 am

I do not have any kids, however, the winter storms we had last winter, seem to have gotten most of my friends pregnant (to much time locked up indoors). Being from Sooner Country, otherwise known as Oklahoma, this will be a great place to buy all my friends baby presents, and Christmas gifts. Thanks

2. by MGG (Mom of twins)

On October 15, 2007 at 12:35 pm

We live in Alabama & so of course, we have University of Alabama wooden blocks and other UA items. Matter of fact, our daughters are going to be UA cheerleaders for Halloween!!!

3. by Jennifer

On October 15, 2007 at 1:29 pm

My son already has some Michigan State University gear. I’ll have to look for the building blocks now! Go SPARTANS!!! My sister and her friends went to the University of Michigan so my son has one of those outfits hanging in his closet too.

4. by corinneyb

On October 15, 2007 at 3:28 pm

We’re VA Tech fans living deep in Ohio State territory! Squiggles has a few Hokie outfits, blankets and binkies already, and my husband has been asking for the gnome for over a year now. I’ll have to keep an eye out for the blocks, though – didn’t know about those. Go Hokies!

5. by Elizabeth

On October 15, 2007 at 5:07 pm

We are Mizzou Tiger fans – both hubby and I are alums. Daddy and daughter get out the Marching Mizzou (big band) CD and shake their black and gold pom poms to the music. And our baby boy has some MU outfits too. Too bad we couldn’t win the game against OU on Saturday. Bummer!

6. by Eric Szvoboda

On April 4, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Those are some awesome gift ideas! Another place to look at if you are interested in some cool styling clothes from universities is Flying Colors Apparel. They have a lot of trendier looking fashions from most of the universities.