Do You Have Recurring Dreams?

169943152_d43944f710
Normally, what happens in my bed stays in my bed. But here’s an exception I feel I can share with the entire Goodyblog world. I had a dream last night that I was pregnant. This is not the first time this theme has shown up in my dreams. I’d say at least once or twice a month for the past 6 months or so, I’ve dreamed that I was in some stage of pregnancy (and, weirdly, I get more and more pregnant each time). Editor’s note: I’m not preggers, nor am I planning to be preggers any time soon.

What could these dreams mean? According to this online dream dictionary (totally legit, I know): "Symbolically, pregnancy dreams may indicate the birth of a new project or idea in one’s life, or being pregnant with emotion." Hmm…I’ll have to think more about that.

So, do you have recurring dreams? Are you willing to share them with us (please post them in the comments!). And have you looked up their meanings?

1. by alia

On October 19, 2007 at 4:58 pm

I have dreams about tests at school or starting the school and reilizing that I don’t know a thing. Oddly enough I never had such dreams while at school, neither was I a bad student (I’ve got a gold metal of achivements when I graduated – smth the schools districts in Russia, where I’m from, give to honor their best students).
    The other theme is being late for my plane – in sense that I did not have time to either pack, or spend enough time with my friends, or do anything fun at all. But this one sort of makes some sense to me.

2. by Melissa Garrett

On October 19, 2007 at 7:06 pm

I’ve had dreams lately of being pregnant, as well, and even of going through the birth process – which can be totally disconcerting at times! Seeing as how I have three children and am DONE, these dreams are always bittersweet. On the one hand, I am relieved when I wake up to know that I am not pregnant. But at the same time, I miss it.
    The symbolism makes sense. I’ve been doing a lot more writing lately – beginning new projects and following through with article queries. It’s terrifying and exciting all at once.

3. by Andrea

On October 20, 2007 at 2:38 pm

I have recurring dreams of beating people up! Usually they are trying to attack me and I beat the **** out of them. SOOOO NOT ME!! I am the most laid back, non-violent, easy going person around. I think it has to do with not letting my feelings show much in real life and when I get really stressed those pent up feelings come out in my dreams. It gets really freaky sometimes.

4. by Molly

On October 21, 2007 at 8:44 pm

I dream about walking through my house and finding another room that I didn’t know I had. Sometimes I am happy to find another room, but sometimes there are people in it who I do not know. I have no idea why I have this dream so many times over the years.

5. by Victoria

On October 22, 2007 at 12:46 am

I used to have a recurring, intense dream after I had my son, he’s my only son, and it occurred for over a year. I dreamt that when my son was in his crib sleeping, there were people looking into his room, trying to break into the window to steal him from me, and I would honestly awaken horrified, and run to his room to check on him in the middle of the night. I was terrible. It went away for awhile after I had my last baby, they are 14 months apart, but once she was a few weeks old, it started coming back. I no longer have it, he’s now almost 4. I have NOT looked up what it means.

6. by Karen

On October 22, 2007 at 10:24 pm

I can’t recall having any recurring dreams. Most of my dreams I don’t remember though.

7. by sheila

On November 20, 2007 at 5:11 am

It is now 3 a.m. and I have woken again by my 4-6 times a week nightmare that my husband’s former wife (she died when she was 30 years old) has come back to interfere with our marriage. My husband has NEVER compared us in real life. They are a little different, but he is always a.) either having to choose between us or b.) expects me to keep is now returned from the dead wife in our lives. Help!!!

8. by court

On September 9, 2008 at 4:04 pm

There is a dream that I have been having for over eleven years now, just about every night. It starts off with me being in a college class, sometimes I’m at work in the hospital, when a co-worker shows up and tells me that they have some bad news. I ask to hear the news and after some declination they give in. News is my parents and two sisters were in a car accident. My parents were killed and my sisters are in the ICU. I end up asking for more work hours, continue going to college and life goes on. Why have I been having this dream?? I started having this dream when I was about 6 or 7 years old, and yes I’m always the same age in the dream.

9. by court

On September 9, 2008 at 4:06 pm

10. by complete surveys

On July 17, 2011 at 1:08 pm

great issues altogether, you simply gained a logo reader. What may you recommend about your submit that you simply made some days ago? Any certain?

11. by biznes

On September 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm

“Really great! I got to say I really liked this! I am fascinated by all the coding.. Thanks for taking the time to share this.”

12. by Consumer Complaints

On September 9, 2011 at 3:56 am

I keep listening to the news broadcast speak about receiving boundless online grant applications so I have been looking around for the best site to get one. Could you advise me please, where could i acquire some?

13. by Psycholog

On November 15, 2011 at 9:00 am

I am so very happy browse this. This is the kind of manual that should be given and not the accidental misinformation that’s at the other web logs. Appreciate your sharing this most beneficial doc.