3 Ways to Repurpose Beloved T-Shirts

1. This mom made a "handme up," by combining her son’s favorite (but outgrown) T with one that fits.

Tshirt10_2

Wanna see how she did it? Go check out her tutorial here. I would like to add that if you’re a non-sewer you could just wear two shirts (small over large). Not as nifty, but still…link thanks craftzine.
2. Oh how rock and roll is this quilt wisdom of the moon made for here teenage daughter’s birthday out of old concert t’s?

Quilt_2

3. If you don’t have skilz to DIY (like me) teensygreen found a company which will make you a beautiful (but pricey) quilt from your beloved shirties.

Tshirtquilt48_2

Sorry about the blurry picture! Go to stitch t to get a them to patch an heirloom together for you.

Any other ideas for what to do with old shirts? Our drawers are bulging with them, but they’re too well-worn to giveaway—and have too many memories attached to them to trash. Please share your ideas!

Tags: , , | Categories: Crafts

1. by Amy from The Butrfly Garden

On October 23, 2007 at 8:58 am

Those are great ideas! I actually just cut the decals off of some of The Man’s old t-shirts to use in my patchwork pillows!!

2. by Kristin

On October 23, 2007 at 11:00 am

OMG! My husband is deployed and I just sent him a quilt made from his old Harley-Davidson shirts! He absolutely loves having a little but of home while he is away fighting the war on terror.

3. by Maggie

On October 23, 2007 at 2:37 pm

I wish I could sew…or had the money to pay to have one made. I saved my husband’s pink floyd and bruce springsteen concert t’s from back in the day…along with his trusty old 101st airborne “no slack for Iraq” from the first war over there…..plus a few other “keepers” from over the years…. it would make a lovely quilt.

4. by Amy

On October 23, 2007 at 5:14 pm

I did this! Who can wear as many T-shirts as they own? I cut my high school T-shirts into squares, sewed them together, and used a sheet a backing several years ago. It’s our family’s favorite picnic blanket now. Easy…and I can still enjoy the memories without filling my drawers with shirts.

5. by Karen

On October 23, 2007 at 10:54 pm

I confess that we haven’t done anything nifty with our old t-shirts. We usually wear them out and use them as rags. They’re great for when my husband works in the garage.

6. by mr stitch'T

On November 8, 2007 at 3:56 pm

http://www.stitchT.com here.
    We are offering 20% the total price of a t-shirt quilt order to anybody who mentions this article on their order form.
    Enjoy!