Is He Spongeworthy?

Today_sponge_pers_bkg_cmyk
No more rationing sponges ala Seinfeld’s Elaine Benes, ladies. The Today sponge is back on store shelves—and how cute is that box? Have you ever seen such hip marketing of a contraceptive? (Well, maybe that Yaz commercial where the hot chick in the dance club seems weirdly knowledgeable about birth control–until she reveals she’s a doctor and it makes a bit more sense.)

In any case, why did Elaine need to decide whether her bfs were spongeworthy or not? Today sponges were taken off the market in 1995 because the plant that manufactured them failed to meet FDA standards (it had nothing to do with the safety of the sponge), so Elaine needed to make her final stash last. Luckily for all sponge devotees, the Today sponge was purchased by a new company, the manufacturing equipment was updated, and–voila!–a hormone-free, over-the-counter birth control for women that doesn’t need to be hoarded for special occasions.

Just some health notes: the sponge has a failure rate of about 16%, does not protect against STDs, and is not recommended for women who’ve given birth within the past 6 weeks, who have their period, or who are allergic to Nonoxynol 9.

Tags: , , , | Categories: Uncategorized

1. by johney petter

On August 16, 2007 at 4:29 pm

Buy Skin Care General Health Products for Men’s & Women’s from top rated Health & Beauty Supplies stores. Compare prices & shop online.

2. by JJ

On August 16, 2007 at 9:31 pm

I bought the Today sponge off drugstore.com last week, and the packaging is completely different and it has an expiration date of November 2007. So ladies, if you order online, don’t stock up too enthusiastically – there’s no way to know what the expiration date will be on what they send you.

3. by Ron

On August 17, 2007 at 8:57 am

I guess when they call it the “Today” sponge, they really mean TODAY!!

4. by Amy H

On August 17, 2007 at 11:05 am

Good to know, JJ! Thanks!
    I just recommended the sponge (with no background info except that from Planned Parenthood and Elaine) to a friend. Certainly seems cheaper than my prescription birth control!

5. by Fabio

On June 23, 2009 at 1:16 pm

The Today Sponge is now available at all Walgreens Drugstores or at the Today Sponge official website: http://www.todaysponge.com

6. by Dallas Liptok

On July 10, 2012 at 7:02 am

I have to express my love for your kindness supporting men who really want help on this one concept. Your personal dedication to getting the message around turned out to be extraordinarily useful and have usually helped some individuals like me to get to their ambitions. Your new informative help signifies a lot to me and even more to my office colleagues. Regards; from all of us.

7. by Clarine Parolari

On July 23, 2012 at 9:51 pm

right now these days and that i read several fantastic content over here.

8. by free remote keylogger download

On November 30, 2012 at 11:57 am

A lot of of our blog website viewers possess were unsatisfied with my private internet page broken properly in Explorer however looks superb inside Firefox. Does 1 may have any type of tricks to aid resolve this specific concern?

9. by wordpress websites

On December 2, 2012 at 9:58 am

I recieve pleasure from hunting at the submit that can make individuals think.

10. by wholesale flowers

On February 8, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I can continue our analysis simply by under-going your site.