Friday, July 5th, 2013
Even though I’m sure your honey is awesome at being woken up in the middle of the night to satisfy yet another one of your pregnancy cravings, Yin Yong in Chongqing, China, wins the prize for most devoted husband. When he woke up at 2 am and saw that his two-story home had been flooded, and his kitchen was underwater, he swam 500 meters across a flooded river (That’s Michael Phelps-level swimming—five laps in an Olympic-size pool!) to find hot rice and salted vegetables for his 5-month-pregnant wife. Roundtrip it took him one hour of swimming, and on the return trip he was carrying a tray filled with food over his head to ensure nothing got soggy. Talk about a workout!
Pregnant women know that pregnancy cravings are no joke. They can strike at any hour of the day, and can range from sweet to savory to spicy and tart. Or you might even want all of those taste sensations at once—and that’s your prerogative!
I know I was craving donuts one minute and salt & vinegar potato chips the next, and I wanted to wash it all down with something spicy, so I’d add sriracha to a Ziploc bag full of chips and shake it up, Mexican street food-style.
It’s up to the poor guys in our lives’ to fill every last craving no matter how weird or how late it is, because you do not want to evoke the wrath of a pregnant woman in need of an ice cream-dipped pickle! (Cue images of Khaleesi’s fire-breathing dragons on Game of Thrones.)
Now test your celebrity pregnancy cravings knowledge of what Kate Middleton, Fergie and Jamie-Lynn Sigler are craving here in our fun pregnancy cravings quiz.
TELL US: What has been your craziest pregnancy craving you’ve sent your partner out to find?
Image of pregnant woman courtesy of Shutterstock.
Add a Comment
Friday, May 24th, 2013
When you’re pregnant a voracious appetite suddenly comes over you, and whatever food pops into your mind, you must have at that very second. This can lead to lots of late night take-out, trips to the grocery store, and midnight snacks straight out of the container (there is no time for plates and bowls when you get a craving!).
Whether you’re a sweet or salty girl, or you need a sour or spicy fix, there is a star with a baby on the way that you can identify with. Take our celebrity pregnancy cravings quiz and see if you know what your fave celeb mamas are munching on!
1. This actress-dancer, who’s married to one magical guy, has been known to step up to the plate for spicy Mexican food.
2. Surprisingly, this sexy singer isn’t chowing down on black eyed peas. Instead, she just can’t get enough of the sweet, juicy stuff like mangos and papayas.
3. It’s not kiwis, kabobs or ketchup that this reality star wants—she can’t resist the lure of In ‘N’ Out Burger!
4. This brunette beauty has a royal craving for vegetable curry.
5. Now that she’s pregnant, this star always has an entourage of two as she picks up her must-have meal: a McDonald’s cheeseburger.
6. A double-salted bagel with cream cheese trumps all other cravings for this native New Yorker.
7. She’s not acting—this blonde babe would actually travel across the universe for pickled onions.
8. This lady knows that when you’ve got a good thing, you want more. For her that thing is Pop Tarts.
a) Kate Middleton
b) Hillary Scot
c) Jenna Dewan-Tatum
d) Evan Rachel Wood
e) Kim Kardashian
f) Ivanka Trump
h) Jamie-Lynn Sigler
THE ANSWERS! 1. c, 2. g, 3. e, 4. a, 5. h, 6. f, 7. d, 8. b
Tell Us: What are your pregnancy cravings? What’s the craziest thing you or your guy has done to fill one of your cravings?
Images of pregnancy cravings, Kate Middleton, Hillary Scott, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Evan Rachel Wood, Kim Kardashian, Ivanka Trump, Fergie and Jamie-Lynn Sigler courtesy of Shutterstock.
Add a Comment
celebrities, Evan Rachel Wood, Fergie, Foods for Pregnancy, Hillary Scott, Ivanka Trump, Jamie-Lynn Sigler, Jenna Dewan-Tatum, Kate Middleton, Kim Kardashian, Pregnancy Cravings, Pregnancy Diet, Pregnancy Foods, Pregnant celebrities | Categories: