Friday, May 3rd, 2013
It is May and (for most of us) vibrant flowers are in full bloom. For those of you with snow on the ground today, your flowers are coming soon, soon, soon! Here is a sweet little round-up of beautiful flower crafts that are perfect for decorating and gifting!
1. willowday offers a tutorial for a gorgeous, simple, peony inspired Felt Flower Necklace.
2. Make punchy floral fabric covered terracotta pots with Christine!
3. Visit the Purl Bee where Molly offers a tutorial for making Felt Anemone Flower Magnets. Aren’t her color choices gorgeous?
4. This Paint Chip Hyacinth tutorial provides a creative way to use up all the extra paint chip samples you’ve collected.
5. Make bright and beautiful Paper Ranunculus Flowers with Sarah (free template included!).
Don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers.
Add a Comment
beautiful, color, crafts, creative, fabric, flowers, fun, kids, magnets, paper, template, terracotta | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal
Friday, March 8th, 2013
1. This simple, cheery St. Patrick’s Day garland was made by Kelly at DIY Studio.
2. Yum! These Zucchini Bites look delicious and fun to eat.
3. A beautiful, simple, little Easter egg craft.
4. Melanie is offering an adorable, free bunny softie template on her blog. Super cute!
5. Ellen writes about how she taught 400 kids how to dye their own fabric. Her method looks simple, fun, and successful!
Happy weekending to you all!
Add a Comment
adorable, bunny, craft, creative, cute, dye, Easter, egg, fabric, free, garland, softie, St. Patrick's Day, template, zucchini | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal
Friday, January 25th, 2013
1. When I saw Blair’s charming Doodle Pendants on her blog the other day, I was instantly smitten. I love DIY jewelry and I love doodling, so this one made me smile. It is a perfect project for the kid who loves to doodle in the margins of his notebook, yes? Or, as a group project at a birthday party? Or, as a gift for a family member or friend? (Or, as a gift to yourself?) Yes, yes, yes!
2. These paper tea cups are super fancy and fun! Download the free template and have the sweetest little pretend tea party.
3. Mmmmm. As you begin to think about Valentine’s Day treats, consider Jessica’s Sticky Dippy: Chocolate Marshmallow Pretzel Rods.
4. These Topographical Paper Sculptures are a wonderful way for children to experiment with color, shape, and three dimensional art! Plus, I think they’d look really cool displayed in a bedroom. via The Crafty Crow
5. For all of us living in a frigid part of the world, Roselee’s super easy fleece cuffs tutorial is a brilliant way to keep the cold out of your child’s sleeves. Check it!
Happy weekending to you and yours!
Add a Comment
art, child, cold, crafts, creative, cuffs, diy, doodle, easy, fleece, free, fun, jewelry, marshmallow, paper, pendant, sculpture, sewing, teacups, template | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal