Thursday, April 4th, 2013
These simple, handmade birthday invitations are a nice way to involve your child in preparing for her or his big day. With just a few easy steps, they are fuss free and super satisfying.
1. Paint a brown paper bag with a mixture of acrylic paints.
2. After the painted paper is dry, have child(ren) cut out cupcake tops.
3. Cut cupcake bottoms out of a brown paper bag.
4. Glue tops and bottoms onto card stock cards.
5. Stamp the age of the birthday kid onto the cupcake bottoms.
Categories: Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities | Tags: birthday, child, creative, cupcake, cute, fun, invitations, kid, paint, party, repurpose
Friday, December 7th, 2012
1. Lovely Jessica at Zakka Life posted this incredibly cute Packing Peanut Igloo craft last week, and I was instantly wild about it. The peanuts are fabulously re-purposed into an igloo that that lends itself to storytelling and play. We played with Insta-Snow at my daughter’s fifth birthday, and this adorable project would have fit in perfectly.
2. Homemade gift idea: herbal infused honey! Kristin of Banyan Moon Botanicals is a dear friend of mine and I trust all of her delicious and good-for-you creations.
3. Easy, Tiny Envelopes. LOVE!
4. Um, these homemade nesting dolls couldn’t be any cuter. And, they look so fun, satisfying, and simple to make.
5. These scenic stamp sets from Yellow Owl Workshop make so happy. Don’t you think these would make wonderful holiday gifts for kids who love to write letters? Add some blank cards and a nice pen and it would make a beautiful set!
What has made you smile this week?
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Holiday, Literacy, Seasonal | Tags: cards, children, crafts, cute, diy, dolls, envelopes, FamilyFun, fun, gifts, handmade, honey, igloo, kids, repurpose, stamps, winter, writing