Friday, May 17th, 2013
1. Helping Little Hand’s Eye Spy Cake makes me happy. What a fabulous, creative cake idea!
2. These puppets made out of recycled and reused materials look SO fun to make and also lots of fun to play with too.
3. Author Ben Zackheim’s third Shirley Link book is now released! The extra awesome news is that he is offering it for free today (5/17)! I’ve mentioned before that my daughter LOVES the Shirley Link series.
4. This Handmade Solar System in a Box is a gorgeous way to teach children about outer space.
5. Just say YES! to Toilet Paper Tube Cars. Oh my!
Add a Comment
book, cake, cars, child, craft, creative, eye spy, free, fun, kids, puppets, solar system | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Must Read, Nature
Wednesday, November 28th, 2012
Inspired: Each week I offer a tip for finding inspiration in the world around us. It might be observed in my classroom or found on a walk or whispered in my ear or thrifted or discovered on a dark shelf in the basement. Something. Anything that gives me a creative spark. My hope is that these bits and pieces encourage you and the children you spend time with to search for creativity in your days. This isn’t about spending money or acquiring new things; it is an exercise in motivating us to pay close attention to the bright spots in our world.
My daughter has been home sick this week, which means we’ve been settling into a slower pace. She is feverish and tired, so we’ve been rotating between soup, tea, books, a movie, and short open-ended craft projects. This morning, she rummaged through my wooden parts drawer and found a stack of wide craft sticks. She quickly pulled out the bucket of colorful Sharpies and made a set of cheery puppets. Later in the afternoon, my youngest and I were treated to a lovely little show with twists and surprises.
She made a lot out of a little. How inspiring!
My fingers are crossed for a cool forehead this afternoon.
Add a Comment