Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Mother Nature is very generous with her craft supplies and one of her most popular (and plentiful) items is pinecones! They are everywhere come fall and are a great base to create some really fun projects! I find that people use pinecones most commonly in three ways: painted for display, as the body base for animals, or to hang on the wall to celebrate fall. Here are some awesome crafts that fit those three categories.
- Bold and beautiful, high-gloss pinecones by Love From Ginger.
- Torie Jayne painted these pinecones in a very surprising, spring palate.
- Whimzeecal painted just the tips in an ombre effect.
- Hang seasonal decor from a painted branch with pinecones. By. Karen Marie Dehn.
Animal Pinecone Crafts:
- Whimsy Love makes a darling little owl pinecone craft using felt and googly eyes.
- These birds, formerly for sale at World Market, are a great use of pinecones. Just add some styrofoam balls and glittered craft foam shapes to complete the feathered friend.
- Kiddley added polymer clay appendages to a pinecone to make this adorable hedgehog.
- Is it a bull? A cow? Not sure, but I love the mix of cork and pinecone in this sweet little animal.
- Who would have thought that the hard/soft combo of pinecones and pom-poms would be a good match? Seekimothy on Etsy did.
- Gold + pinecones: you can’t go wrong! This garland is for sale at West Elm.
Inspired? I thought so! Now go outside and find some pinecones!
Add a Comment