Friday, July 5th, 2013
Now that it is summer and we find ourselves celebrating outdoors, I am reminded of how much I love to make party garlands. When we break out the shade structure, I love to decorate it with a colorful, paper pendant garland. It makes the yard look happy and inviting.
The best part about this project is that most of it is actually kid made. I enlist my two and ask them to paint bright colors onto brown paper bags. Then, we cut out triangles and I slowly sew them using a straight stitch on my machine. You can also punch holes and thread with yarn or string.
Hang it wherever the party is!
Happy July weekending, my friends.
Add a Comment
colorful, craft, creative, festive, fun, garland, hang, happy, kids, paper bag, party, pendant, sew, summertime, triangles | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Outdoors, Seasonal
Friday, January 25th, 2013
1. When I saw Blair’s charming Doodle Pendants on her blog the other day, I was instantly smitten. I love DIY jewelry and I love doodling, so this one made me smile. It is a perfect project for the kid who loves to doodle in the margins of his notebook, yes? Or, as a group project at a birthday party? Or, as a gift for a family member or friend? (Or, as a gift to yourself?) Yes, yes, yes!
2. These paper tea cups are super fancy and fun! Download the free template and have the sweetest little pretend tea party.
3. Mmmmm. As you begin to think about Valentine’s Day treats, consider Jessica’s Sticky Dippy: Chocolate Marshmallow Pretzel Rods.
4. These Topographical Paper Sculptures are a wonderful way for children to experiment with color, shape, and three dimensional art! Plus, I think they’d look really cool displayed in a bedroom. via The Crafty Crow
5. For all of us living in a frigid part of the world, Roselee’s super easy fleece cuffs tutorial is a brilliant way to keep the cold out of your child’s sleeves. Check it!
Happy weekending to you and yours!
Add a Comment
art, child, cold, crafts, creative, cuffs, diy, doodle, easy, fleece, free, fun, jewelry, marshmallow, paper, pendant, sculpture, sewing, teacups, template | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal