Friday, January 25th, 2013
1. When I saw Blair’s charming Doodle Pendants on her blog the other day, I was instantly smitten. I love DIY jewelry and I love doodling, so this one made me smile. It is a perfect project for the kid who loves to doodle in the margins of his notebook, yes? Or, as a group project at a birthday party? Or, as a gift for a family member or friend? (Or, as a gift to yourself?) Yes, yes, yes!
2. These paper tea cups are super fancy and fun! Download the free template and have the sweetest little pretend tea party.
3. Mmmmm. As you begin to think about Valentine’s Day treats, consider Jessica’s Sticky Dippy: Chocolate Marshmallow Pretzel Rods.
4. These Topographical Paper Sculptures are a wonderful way for children to experiment with color, shape, and three dimensional art! Plus, I think they’d look really cool displayed in a bedroom. via The Crafty Crow
5. For all of us living in a frigid part of the world, Roselee’s super easy fleece cuffs tutorial is a brilliant way to keep the cold out of your child’s sleeves. Check it!
Happy weekending to you and yours!
Add a Comment
art, child, cold, crafts, creative, cuffs, diy, doodle, easy, fleece, free, fun, jewelry, marshmallow, paper, pendant, sculpture, sewing, teacups, template | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal
Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
Inspired: Each week I offer a tip for finding inspiration in the world around us. It might be observed in my classroom or found on a walk or whispered in my ear or thrifted or discovered on a dark shelf in the basement. Something. Anything that gives me a creative spark. My hope is that these bits and pieces encourage you and the children you spend time with to search for creativity in your days. This isn’t about spending money or acquiring new things; it is an exercise in motivating us to pay close attention to the bright spots in our world.
See what you can do.
Add a Comment
crafting, create, fabric, glue, inspire, make, materials, paper, possibility, scissors, tiny | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Inspired