Thursday, August 8th, 2013
I was so happy to see the wonderful Sew Fun Projects feature in this month’s FamilyFun magazine! My friend Nicole Blum‘s beginner’s projects are delightful — simple and super fun to make and appealing to both kids and adults! Those t-shirt dresses make lovely play dresses for kids, but wouldn’t it also be perfect as a stylish tunic for an adult?
Oh, and my two daughters also happen to have participated in the shoot! So, ahem, that is pretty darn fun too! They are dressed in green (left and center) and had a blast romping and crafting with the group. My little one (posed in front) was especially happy to be part of it all. Her smile tells the story of a fun-filled day, yes?
The key chain project from the feature is one of my older daughter’s favorites; she is planning to make one for her back-to-school back pack. Did I just whisper the words “back-to-school”? Shhhhhhh. Please continue on with your summertime fun.
Add a Comment
beginner, child, craft, creative, dress, dresses, FamilyFun, fun, key chain, kids, magazine, projects, sew, sewing, tunic | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities
Friday, April 12th, 2013
1. Visit Heather at a happy wanderer for simple and interesting ways to explore with marbles. It struck me as a nice rainy day activity.
2. These cork key chain people are incredibly adorable! Wouldn’t they make great Mother’s Day gifts! via The Crafty Crow
3. These naturally dyed beads use a similar process as naturally dyed Easter eggs. The result is subtle and beautiful, and you can use them again and again for weeks and months to come.
4. Ohhh! Walnut Mice! I have a thing for using nutshells to make things, and these are too cute.
5. Now that it is spring, it is a lovely time to make a fleet of origami boats. After you launch them in a big puddle or small pond, you can have boat races. Just stay long enough to catch them on the other side.
Add a Comment
beads, boats, children, cork, creative, dyed, interesting, key chain, learning, marbles, mice, naturally, origami, paint, people, sail, science, spring, walnut | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Outdoors, Science