Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Happy Saturday, friends! Here is a list of beautiful handmade gifts that mothers will love! The bonus? They are simple enough to be last minute creations!
1. Lovely Collection Jars from my blog, Red Bird Crafts.
2. This sweet strand of Flowers on a String is just the thing for giving mom some spring love.
3. Clever! Turn nice cloth napkins into throw pillows.
4. Visit our very own Family Fun for a video tutorial that shows you how to make GORGEOUS (and super easy) Twig Necklaces.
5. How perfect is this? Make bright, colorful Silhouettes of Your Children to give to a dear grandmother or…….to yourself!!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday | Tags: beautiful, colorful, crafts, flowers, fun, gifts, grandmother, kids, mother, Mother's Day, necklaces, paint, pillow, simple, tutorial
Friday, December 7th, 2012
1. Lovely Jessica at Zakka Life posted this incredibly cute Packing Peanut Igloo craft last week, and I was instantly wild about it. The peanuts are fabulously re-purposed into an igloo that that lends itself to storytelling and play. We played with Insta-Snow at my daughter’s fifth birthday, and this adorable project would have fit in perfectly.
2. Homemade gift idea: herbal infused honey! Kristin of Banyan Moon Botanicals is a dear friend of mine and I trust all of her delicious and good-for-you creations.
3. Easy, Tiny Envelopes. LOVE!
4. Um, these homemade nesting dolls couldn’t be any cuter. And, they look so fun, satisfying, and simple to make.
5. These scenic stamp sets from Yellow Owl Workshop make so happy. Don’t you think these would make wonderful holiday gifts for kids who love to write letters? Add some blank cards and a nice pen and it would make a beautiful set!
What has made you smile this week?
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Holiday, Literacy, Seasonal | Tags: cards, children, crafts, cute, diy, dolls, envelopes, FamilyFun, fun, gifts, handmade, honey, igloo, kids, repurpose, stamps, winter, writing
Friday, November 30th, 2012
1. These sheep ornaments were made by my friend, Susan, and they make my heart flutter. She used long yarn scraps and craft plywood. I bet you could also use cardboard or cereal box panels for the sheep. CUTE!
2. Apartment Therapy has an lovely snowflake roundup. My 5-year-old daughter is having a snowflake birthday party this weekend, and I’m so excited to offer the snowflake resist project at the party.
3. These DIY cross stitch napkin rings would help make lovely holiday place settings. (via shelternesss)
4. I love bird crafts! These made me smile. (via crafty crow)
5. Marconi & Cheese BFF necklaces. (There is PB&J and rock, paper, scissors too). Eeeep.
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal | Tags: bird, cute, diy, gifts, ornament, sheep, snowflakes, tree, yarn