Friday, August 16th, 2013
We are deep in berry smoothie season at our house. They make a protein rich addition to lunch, breakfast, or even dinner, and with colors like deep purple and bright pink, the kids are sold.
These naturally sweet, nutritious yogurt smoothies are inspired by the incredible berry season we have in New England. Our berry season begins in late spring/early summer with strawberries, moves to raspberries, then blueberries, and now blackberries. We have large raspberry and blackberry brambles in our backyard, which makes smoothie season extra exciting for my family.
1 ripe banana
1 cup of berries (frozen or fresh)
1/2 cup yogurt (whole milk or low fat)
1/2 cup of milk (low fat or skim)
1 t of maple syrup (to taste)
Options: add flax seed for extra nutrition, substitute the milk for soy milk, almond milk, or juice, add ice if the berries are not frozen.
Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high until smooth and frothy.
Add a Comment
berries, blackberry, blueberry, delicious, drink, food, frozen, kids, pink, purple, raspberry, smoothies, strawberry, summer, yogurt | Categories:
Everyday Fun, Food, Nature, Seasonal
Friday, March 1st, 2013
1. The sun is setting at 6:ish these days, which makes me a bit dreamy about green things popping out of the soil. Jackie’s Spring Flower Pot Mini Muffins aren’t green, but they are a fun way to start thinking about spring.
2. Look at this mini-bell jar woodland terrarium. Cute, cute, cute! Children can create their own spring habitat in preparation for the real deal!
3. This punchy Paper Plate Wall Art project is a lovely way for children to add color to their walls!
4. Alicia’s Miss Maggie Rabbit softie kit is just about the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. So sweet! And her dress fabric is so springy! (Do you sense a pattern?)
5. Jessica’s origami arrow magnets and tacks are brilliant!
Add a Comment
art, cute, flower, food, kids, magnets, mini, muffin, origami, rabbit, spring, terrarium, wall, yum | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal