Wednesday, November 20th, 2013
Mother Nature is very generous with her craft supplies and one of her most popular (and plentiful) items is pinecones! They are everywhere come fall and are a great base to create some really fun projects! I find that people use pinecones most commonly in three ways: painted for display, as the body base for animals, or to hang on the wall to celebrate fall. Here are some awesome crafts that fit those three categories.
- Bold and beautiful, high-gloss pinecones by Love From Ginger.
- Torie Jayne painted these pinecones in a very surprising, spring palate.
- Whimzeecal painted just the tips in an ombre effect.
- Hang seasonal decor from a painted branch with pinecones. By. Karen Marie Dehn.
Animal Pinecone Crafts:
- Whimsy Love makes a darling little owl pinecone craft using felt and googly eyes.
- These birds, formerly for sale at World Market, are a great use of pinecones. Just add some styrofoam balls and glittered craft foam shapes to complete the feathered friend.
- Kiddley added polymer clay appendages to a pinecone to make this adorable hedgehog.
- Is it a bull? A cow? Not sure, but I love the mix of cork and pinecone in this sweet little animal.
- Who would have thought that the hard/soft combo of pinecones and pom-poms would be a good match? Seekimothy on Etsy did.
- Gold + pinecones: you can’t go wrong! This garland is for sale at West Elm.
Inspired? I thought so! Now go outside and find some pinecones!
Christmas Crafts: Ice-Pop Stick Sled Ornaments
Add a Comment
crafts, diy, fall, nature, paint, pinecones, thanksgiving | Categories:
Crafts, Decor, DIY, Holiday, Seasonal, Thanksgiving
Wednesday, October 2nd, 2013
Two of my favorite things…owls and pumpkins! As far as I’m concerned, there is no end to how far you can take this adorable, fall combo. For directions and more details, check out the links below!
Add a Comment
- If you don’t have the patience to DIY an owl pumpkin from scratch, you can just buy this metal owl pumpkin decoration!
- Alisa Burke proves she’s a true artist with these gorgeous painted owl pumpkins!
- This tall, proud owl pumpkin is made with some paper cut-outs.
- I love how the little pumpkin is narrating the pumpkin owl’s voice! Found on HGTV.com.
- If you don’t want to transform your pumpkin into an owl, just cover it with owl paper like this one from Chippy Shabby.
- Toss an owl mask on a pumpkin and voila! You are done in ten seconds! (Although, this lovely owl mask was hand-sewn.)
animal, autumn, craft, diy, fall, halloween, owl, pumpkin | Categories:
Crafts, DIY, Everyday Fun, Halloween, Holiday
Wednesday, January 30th, 2013
Here in Massachusetts, we are deep into our cold New England winter. Except for today’s predicted high of 55 degrees(!), our outside world has been frozen and icy.
No matter where you are in the country or the world, join me today as I find inspiration in photographs from the opposite season. Ask your children to help search for photographs from 6 or 7 months ago and use the images to inspire creativity. Draw, paint, or collage. Write a poem or a list. Describe an imaginary adventure in that other season.
I’m remembering flowers, green grass, balmy nights, swaying branches, warm sun on my shoulders, naps on picnic tables.
What do you remember?
Add a Comment
art, collage, creative, fall, inspiration, inspired, nature, painting, photographs, poem, seasons, spring, summer, winter, writing | Categories:
Everyday Fun, Inspired, Literacy, Nature, Outdoors, Seasonal