Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014
When I think of Earth Day crafting, I think of 2 things. First, I think of upcycling…taking something out of the recycling bin and turning it into something else. Secondly, I think about crafting with elements of nature…shopping in your backyard or park for FREE craft supplies provided by Mother Nature herself.
This craft does both, plus, it’s cute as a button (mushroom)! It’s from my new book, Project Kid: 100 Ingenious Crafts for Family Fun which happens to be chock full of upcycling and nature crafts alike! Visit my website, Project Kid, for the full how-to!
Happy Earth Day everyone!
Add a Comment
earth day, eco crafts, green crafts, mushroom crafts, snail crafts | Categories:
Craft-tastic, Crafts, DIY, Family, Fun, Inspired, kids, Nature, Outdoors, Upcycling
Friday, April 26th, 2013
1. Jessica at scrumdilly-do posted a simple, creative, fun paint chip plant markers tutorial. Not only does this reuse materials, but it also encourages children to plant some seeds!
2. These egg carton boats are adorable! via crafty crow
3. I’m kind of obsessed with the thought of making these superhero hand cuffs for my daughters. Made using toilet paper tubes, they are simply magnificent!
4. Mmmmmm. Chocolate Flowerpot Cakes! What a sweet way to celebrate the earth and its flowers!
5. Amy offers some artistic inspiration for making homemade wrapping paper out of painted newspaper. Pretty!
Add a Comment
boats, cake, celebrate, children, chocolate, crafts, earth, earth day, egg carton, flowers, fun, paint chip, paper, reuse, seeds, superhero, tubes, wrapping | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Seasonal