Posts Tagged ‘
Thursday, April 4th, 2013
These simple, handmade birthday invitations are a nice way to involve your child in preparing for her or his big day. With just a few easy steps, they are fuss free and super satisfying.
1. Paint a brown paper bag with a mixture of acrylic paints.
2. After the painted paper is dry, have child(ren) cut out cupcake tops.
3. Cut cupcake bottoms out of a brown paper bag.
4. Glue tops and bottoms onto card stock cards.
5. Stamp the age of the birthday kid onto the cupcake bottoms.
Categories: Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities | Tags: birthday, child, creative, cupcake, cute, fun, invitations, kid, paint, party, repurpose
Thursday, March 21st, 2013
1. Oh my! Mer Mag‘s Bunny Pouch is an adorable way to deliver candy and treats.
2. Jessica posted about a clever and pretty Origami Bunny Envelope tutorial that she discovered and tested.
3. Brown paper bag Bunny Masks for hours of fun and merriment.
4. Do you have extra paint chip samples kicking around? This Paint Chip Bunny Garland is cute way to use ‘em up!
5. With a little help from an adult, children can send spring love notes with these Pop-Up Bunny Cards. Charming!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal | Tags: bunny, cards, children, crafts, creative, cute, Easter, envelope, garland, origami, paint chip, pop-up, pouch, spring, tutorial
Friday, March 8th, 2013
1. This simple, cheery St. Patrick’s Day garland was made by Kelly at DIY Studio.
2. Yum! These Zucchini Bites look delicious and fun to eat.
3. A beautiful, simple, little Easter egg craft.
4. Melanie is offering an adorable, free bunny softie template on her blog. Super cute!
5. Ellen writes about how she taught 400 kids how to dye their own fabric. Her method looks simple, fun, and successful!
Happy weekending to you all!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal | Tags: adorable, bunny, craft, creative, cute, dye, Easter, egg, fabric, free, garland, softie, St. Patrick's Day, template, zucchini
Friday, March 1st, 2013
1. The sun is setting at 6:ish these days, which makes me a bit dreamy about green things popping out of the soil. Jackie’s Spring Flower Pot Mini Muffins aren’t green, but they are a fun way to start thinking about spring.
2. Look at this mini-bell jar woodland terrarium. Cute, cute, cute! Children can create their own spring habitat in preparation for the real deal!
3. This punchy Paper Plate Wall Art project is a lovely way for children to add color to their walls!
4. Alicia’s Miss Maggie Rabbit softie kit is just about the most adorable thing I’ve ever seen. So sweet! And her dress fabric is so springy! (Do you sense a pattern?)
5. Jessica’s origami arrow magnets and tacks are brilliant!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal | Tags: art, cute, flower, food, kids, magnets, mini, muffin, origami, rabbit, spring, terrarium, wall, yum
Wednesday, February 13th, 2013
On the eve of Valentine’s Day, I thought I’d pop in to share my Conversation Love Rocks project with you. It is a simple, easy, quick project with super satisfying results. Check it out here, and spread some witty, cheery rocks to your loved ones.
Happy Valentine’s Day, friends!
Categories: Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Holiday, Literacy, Must Read | Tags: conversation, craft, creative, cute, glue, hearts, love, message, messages, rocks, sweet, valentine's day