Posts Tagged ‘
Saturday, May 11th, 2013
Happy Saturday, friends! Here is a list of beautiful handmade gifts that mothers will love! The bonus? They are simple enough to be last minute creations!
1. Lovely Collection Jars from my blog, Red Bird Crafts.
2. This sweet strand of Flowers on a String is just the thing for giving mom some spring love.
3. Clever! Turn nice cloth napkins into throw pillows.
4. Visit our very own Family Fun for a video tutorial that shows you how to make GORGEOUS (and super easy) Twig Necklaces.
5. How perfect is this? Make bright, colorful Silhouettes of Your Children to give to a dear grandmother or…….to yourself!!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday | Tags: beautiful, colorful, crafts, flowers, fun, gifts, grandmother, kids, mother, Mother's Day, necklaces, paint, pillow, simple, tutorial
Friday, May 3rd, 2013
It is May and (for most of us) vibrant flowers are in full bloom. For those of you with snow on the ground today, your flowers are coming soon, soon, soon! Here is a sweet little round-up of beautiful flower crafts that are perfect for decorating and gifting!
1. willowday offers a tutorial for a gorgeous, simple, peony inspired Felt Flower Necklace.
2. Make punchy floral fabric covered terracotta pots with Christine!
3. Visit the Purl Bee where Molly offers a tutorial for making Felt Anemone Flower Magnets. Aren’t her color choices gorgeous?
4. This Paint Chip Hyacinth tutorial provides a creative way to use up all the extra paint chip samples you’ve collected.
5. Make bright and beautiful Paper Ranunculus Flowers with Sarah (free template included!).
Don’t forget to stop and smell the flowers.
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal | Tags: beautiful, color, crafts, creative, fabric, flowers, fun, kids, magnets, paper, template, terracotta
Friday, April 26th, 2013
1. Jessica at scrumdilly-do posted a simple, creative, fun paint chip plant markers tutorial. Not only does this reuse materials, but it also encourages children to plant some seeds!
2. These egg carton boats are adorable! via crafty crow
3. I’m kind of obsessed with the thought of making these superhero hand cuffs for my daughters. Made using toilet paper tubes, they are simply magnificent!
4. Mmmmmm. Chocolate Flowerpot Cakes! What a sweet way to celebrate the earth and its flowers!
5. Amy offers some artistic inspiration for making homemade wrapping paper out of painted newspaper. Pretty!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Seasonal | Tags: boats, cake, celebrate, children, chocolate, crafts, earth, earth day, egg carton, flowers, fun, paint chip, paper, reuse, seeds, superhero, tubes, wrapping
Thursday, March 21st, 2013
1. Oh my! Mer Mag‘s Bunny Pouch is an adorable way to deliver candy and treats.
2. Jessica posted about a clever and pretty Origami Bunny Envelope tutorial that she discovered and tested.
3. Brown paper bag Bunny Masks for hours of fun and merriment.
4. Do you have extra paint chip samples kicking around? This Paint Chip Bunny Garland is cute way to use ‘em up!
5. With a little help from an adult, children can send spring love notes with these Pop-Up Bunny Cards. Charming!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal | Tags: bunny, cards, children, crafts, creative, cute, Easter, envelope, garland, origami, paint chip, pop-up, pouch, spring, tutorial
Friday, January 25th, 2013
1. When I saw Blair’s charming Doodle Pendants on her blog the other day, I was instantly smitten. I love DIY jewelry and I love doodling, so this one made me smile. It is a perfect project for the kid who loves to doodle in the margins of his notebook, yes? Or, as a group project at a birthday party? Or, as a gift for a family member or friend? (Or, as a gift to yourself?) Yes, yes, yes!
2. These paper tea cups are super fancy and fun! Download the free template and have the sweetest little pretend tea party.
3. Mmmmm. As you begin to think about Valentine’s Day treats, consider Jessica’s Sticky Dippy: Chocolate Marshmallow Pretzel Rods.
4. These Topographical Paper Sculptures are a wonderful way for children to experiment with color, shape, and three dimensional art! Plus, I think they’d look really cool displayed in a bedroom. via The Crafty Crow
5. For all of us living in a frigid part of the world, Roselee’s super easy fleece cuffs tutorial is a brilliant way to keep the cold out of your child’s sleeves. Check it!
Happy weekending to you and yours!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal | Tags: art, child, cold, crafts, creative, cuffs, diy, doodle, easy, fleece, free, fun, jewelry, marshmallow, paper, pendant, sculpture, sewing, teacups, template