Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
Going away on vacation? Don’t underestimate the brilliant, time occupying nature of an old fashioned bead set. Not only will children make you gorgeous necklaces, but the multitudes of tiny colorful objects lead to sorting, arranging, and rearranging.
Grab an organizer from the craft store and fill it with beads of all shapes, sizes, and colors. If you are faced with a rainy afternoon or if your kiddos are in need of some quiet time, break out the kit and let them play. We don’t go camping without one!
Don’t forget cord and twine for making necklaces!
I love wearing my child made jewelry!
Add a Comment
arrange, beading, beads, colorful, colors, cord, craft, creative, fun, kids, kit, necklace, sort, vacation | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities
Friday, June 21st, 2013
Make them, trade them, wear them in the ocean until they are sun faded!
1. Friendship Bracelets (above photo) are the timeless way to bond with friends, whether it be at camp, the pool, or in the backyard.
2. Use wire, cord, and buttons to make these simple Color Block Bracelets.
3. T-Shirt Bracelets are the perfect way to recycle old shirts while creating a cool summer accessory.
4. These DIY Fabric Bracelets are gorgeous and so simple to make. Dig into your bin of fabric scraps for inspiration!
5. Anette’s DIY Leather Bracelets are woven together beautifully!
Add a Comment
bracelets, child, colorful, cord, craft, diy, friendship, kids, summer, woven | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal