Friday, January 25th, 2013
1. When I saw Blair’s charming Doodle Pendants on her blog the other day, I was instantly smitten. I love DIY jewelry and I love doodling, so this one made me smile. It is a perfect project for the kid who loves to doodle in the margins of his notebook, yes? Or, as a group project at a birthday party? Or, as a gift for a family member or friend? (Or, as a gift to yourself?) Yes, yes, yes!
2. These paper tea cups are super fancy and fun! Download the free template and have the sweetest little pretend tea party.
3. Mmmmm. As you begin to think about Valentine’s Day treats, consider Jessica’s Sticky Dippy: Chocolate Marshmallow Pretzel Rods.
4. These Topographical Paper Sculptures are a wonderful way for children to experiment with color, shape, and three dimensional art! Plus, I think they’d look really cool displayed in a bedroom. via The Crafty Crow
5. For all of us living in a frigid part of the world, Roselee’s super easy fleece cuffs tutorial is a brilliant way to keep the cold out of your child’s sleeves. Check it!
Happy weekending to you and yours!
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal | Tags: art, child, cold, crafts, creative, cuffs, diy, doodle, easy, fleece, free, fun, jewelry, marshmallow, paper, pendant, sculpture, sewing, teacups, template
Friday, December 21st, 2012
1. These Ice Lanterns from Gina at willowday are gorgeous. What a stunning way to add light and beauty to your winter celebrations!
2. Adorable snowmen made out of stacked rocks. via The Crafty Crow
3. This Frosted Holiday Pine Cones craft is lovely and perfect for the center of a holiday table.
4. Randi’s Winter Diorama project on Playful Learning is a creative way for children to welcome winter. Love it!
5. Hot Chocolate Spoons so your fireside hot chocolates are even more spectacular.
Categories: 5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Seasonal | Tags: children, cold, crafts, creative, diorama, frosted, fun, hot chocolate, ice, lanterns, pine cones, snowman, snowmen, spoons, stones, winter