Friday, June 21st, 2013
Make them, trade them, wear them in the ocean until they are sun faded!
1. Friendship Bracelets (above photo) are the timeless way to bond with friends, whether it be at camp, the pool, or in the backyard.
2. Use wire, cord, and buttons to make these simple Color Block Bracelets.
3. T-Shirt Bracelets are the perfect way to recycle old shirts while creating a cool summer accessory.
4. These DIY Fabric Bracelets are gorgeous and so simple to make. Dig into your bin of fabric scraps for inspiration!
5. Anette’s DIY Leather Bracelets are woven together beautifully!
Add a Comment
bracelets, child, colorful, cord, craft, diy, friendship, kids, summer, woven | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Seasonal
Monday, January 28th, 2013
Make simple, cheery rings and things for Valentine’s Day! Children can help turn wooden and felt hearts into rings, hair ties, and bracelets.
Begin with a pile of felt hearts and freshly painted wooden hearts. (You can find wooden hearts at your local craft store.) Children can help paint, cut, and organize the piles of hearts.
Materials: paint, wooden hearts (wood section in your local craft store), black 1/4″ flat elastic, scissors, thread, wool felt, elastic hair ties, and a drill.
After painting the wooden hearts, drill holes in them to make them into heart shaped buttons. The size of the holes depends on what you wish to do with them. Tiny holes are perfect for sewing them onto a black elastic ring, and larger holes are better for threading with hair tie elastics.
Trace hearts onto felt and cut them out.
Make the elastic rings. Measure little fingers and snip off a piece of flat elastic. While sewing the elastic into a ring, use a slightly larger piece with some overlap, and then snip off any part that hangs over.
Once you have a bunch of black elastic rings, sew wooden hearts, felt hearts, or whatever you want onto the rings.
**Children will need adult help and supervision with drilling and sewing.
Add a Comment
bracelets, bright, cheer, cheery, cute, felt, festive, fun, heart, hearts, little, paint, pink, red, rings, sew, sewing, shape, soft, sort, valentine's day, wood | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Holiday, Must Read