Wednesday, July 10th, 2013
Going away on vacation? Don’t underestimate the brilliant, time occupying nature of an old fashioned bead set. Not only will children make you gorgeous necklaces, but the multitudes of tiny colorful objects lead to sorting, arranging, and rearranging.
Grab an organizer from the craft store and fill it with beads of all shapes, sizes, and colors. If you are faced with a rainy afternoon or if your kiddos are in need of some quiet time, break out the kit and let them play. We don’t go camping without one!
Don’t forget cord and twine for making necklaces!
I love wearing my child made jewelry!
Add a Comment
arrange, beading, beads, colorful, colors, cord, craft, creative, fun, kids, kit, necklace, sort, vacation | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities
Friday, April 12th, 2013
1. Visit Heather at a happy wanderer for simple and interesting ways to explore with marbles. It struck me as a nice rainy day activity.
2. These cork key chain people are incredibly adorable! Wouldn’t they make great Mother’s Day gifts! via The Crafty Crow
3. These naturally dyed beads use a similar process as naturally dyed Easter eggs. The result is subtle and beautiful, and you can use them again and again for weeks and months to come.
4. Ohhh! Walnut Mice! I have a thing for using nutshells to make things, and these are too cute.
5. Now that it is spring, it is a lovely time to make a fleet of origami boats. After you launch them in a big puddle or small pond, you can have boat races. Just stay long enough to catch them on the other side.
Add a Comment
beads, boats, children, cork, creative, dyed, interesting, key chain, learning, marbles, mice, naturally, origami, paint, people, sail, science, spring, walnut | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Outdoors, Science