Friday, April 12th, 2013
1. Visit Heather at a happy wanderer for simple and interesting ways to explore with marbles. It struck me as a nice rainy day activity.
2. These cork key chain people are incredibly adorable! Wouldn’t they make great Mother’s Day gifts! via The Crafty Crow
3. These naturally dyed beads use a similar process as naturally dyed Easter eggs. The result is subtle and beautiful, and you can use them again and again for weeks and months to come.
4. Ohhh! Walnut Mice! I have a thing for using nutshells to make things, and these are too cute.
5. Now that it is spring, it is a lovely time to make a fleet of origami boats. After you launch them in a big puddle or small pond, you can have boat races. Just stay long enough to catch them on the other side.
Add a Comment
beads, boats, children, cork, creative, dyed, interesting, key chain, learning, marbles, mice, naturally, origami, paint, people, sail, science, spring, walnut | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Crafts, Everyday Fun, Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Outdoors, Science
Wednesday, March 27th, 2013
As we wait for new, lush, green life to spring up around our home, my children have been collecting dried pods, seeds, and stalks from last year’s growth for observation and play. One of their favorite things to collect are elegant milkweed pods. They happen to have the most beautiful, swooped shape and my two find that they make perfect fairy boats.
After collecting a handful, they brought them home and used paper, glue, glitter, and string to turn them into water worthy vessels.
This one is lined with a leaf of Lambs Ear (found on our walk) and has a pillow and a life preserver.
This one is a double decker!
They sailed their fleet in a puddle behind our house and in the creek at the end of our road. Each new boat was tested and re-designed and tested again until they floated majestically in the wind blown current. We are all certain that the fairies who live behind our home will be so thankful to find new boats for their spring adventures.
Add a Comment
beautiful, boat, boats, children, craft, creative, creek, fairies, fairy, glue, Lambs Ear, milkweed, nature, paper, pods, sail, seed, walk | Categories:
Crafts, Everyday Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Outdoors, Science, Seasonal
Friday, January 11th, 2013
1. Amanda’s recipe for Fairy Dust is the perfect sparkly, sweet smelling something for hours of magical play. My Hazel is very excited to make a little pot of her very own! And, honestly, I’m kind of excited to dab a bit onto my hair and shoulders.
2. I love the bright colors and interesting textures of Dana’s Spaghetti Box Feathers. Cereal boxes are one of my favorite materials, so these speak to my heart. And, oh my, the feather necklaces are so sweet!
3. Homemade Snow Dough!
4. These beautiful snowflakes made from twigs and bits of nature. Via The Crafty Crow.
5. This oatmeal cake looks amazing. Yum!
Add a Comment
bright, cake, color, crafts, dough, dust, fairy, feathers, imagination, magic, nature, oatmeal, paint, snow, snowflake, sparkle | Categories:
5 Bright Spots, Birthday Party Games, Crafts, Food, Fun, Group Activities, Nature, Science, Seasonal