Update on Abused, Adopted Daughter Abby Goetz
After we featured 33-year-old Abby (right) who survived newborn neglect and abuse, we received a ton of responses from readers who wanted to know what happened to Abby’s bio-mother and her five other half-brothers and sisters.
Abby has now adopted her young half-brother Cody but there are four other kids who were taken from this mom along the way. Abby reports directly!
Abby says, “I had not looked at the comments about my story until this morning and all I can say is, Wow. Thanks for your thoughts and good wishes! In searching for my bio-mom (and also finding by bio grandma) I did discover the other siblings and I am aware of their fates.
Here’s a rundown:
1. I am the oldest, born in 1978 and adopted in 1980.
2. Second male child born in January of 1980, and adopted through Catholic Community Services of Seattle, WA.
3. and 4. Bio-mom also had two children with her second husband. A son who is now 18 and a daughter who is now 16. They live with their father in Washington State. I had brief contact with the girl via MySpace.
5. Bio-mom also had a child with another partner, a girl who would be about 10 years old now. I had some contact with this father and he sent me the first pictures I ever saw of my bio-mom. He is adopted too and understood my plight. They all live in Seattle, WA.
6. Sweet Cody, 5, and we know his fate. He lives with me!
The second child, the male born in 1980, is the one I know the least about. I would love to find him and make contact. I know he was born “Edwin Carl Winslow” on January 18, 1980 and his father is the same man who beat me nearly to death as a baby. My bio-mom gave Edwin up for adoption through Catholic Community Services in Seattle.
This adoptive child’s biological father claims he had contact with his son until September of 1981 but I’m not sure he’s telling the truth. This man George (the bio- father) went to prison around that time for 30 years for multiple counts of rape, kidnapping and attempted murder! Father George just got out of jail in 2009 and is now a registered level-3 sex offender in Tacoma, WA.
So there’s our update. Please adopt a child today and save him or her the fate that awaited me and my sisters and brothers!
Abby GoetzAdd a Comment