Happy 4th of July, Military Families!

This is a day to keep your kids safe, happy and healthy. In honor of all the military families — and especially all of the busy military mothers out there across this good nation who can’t be home with their own children this year — my family says “thanks for your service and dedication.”

Here is a song that John Lennon wrote for his son Julian many decades ago; I feel like it’s especially fitting (I may be paraphrasing) for all the parents who cannot be with their kids today:

“Out on the ocean sailing away

I can hardly wait,

To see you to come of age.

But I guess we’ll both

Just have to be patient,

Yes it’s a long way to go.

But in the meantime,

Before you cross the street,

Take my hand.

Life is just what happens to you,

While you’re busy making other plans.

Beautiful,

Beautiful,

Beautiful,

Beautiful boy.”

Back To The Adoption Diaries, by Nicole Dorsey-Straff
  1. by Blanca Buntjer

On November 11, 2011 at 1:57 am

Jason Derulo is right now at the top of the United kingdom singles chart for the second week with his most recent track Don’t Wanna Go Home. The Usa performer is certainly fending off high levels of competition

2. by visit x

On November 12, 2011 at 6:37 am

Die beste Camgirls live amateur hot Chat im Wald !!!

3. by dr dre headphones danmark

On January 6, 2012 at 5:36 am

I and also my guys have already been studying the best pointers on your web page while suddenly I had a horrible feeling I never expressed respect to you for those tips. Most of the men are actually so stimulated to read all of them and now have surely been enjoying those things. We appreciate you simply being simply considerate and also for finding this sort of incredibly good themes millions of individuals are really eager to learn about. Our honest apologies for not saying thanks to you earlier.

4. by nike heels nz

On January 6, 2012 at 7:08 am

It’s hard to find experienced people on this topic, and you seem like you know what you’re talking about! Thanks

5. by bottes ugg australia pas cher

On January 10, 2012 at 5:52 am

I’m also writing to let you be aware of what a perfect encounter my princess gained reading your webblog. She discovered too many things, including how it is like to have a great coaching character to make most people easily comprehend various tricky issues. You actually surpassed visitors’ expectations. Thanks for rendering these productive, trustworthy, informative and even unique thoughts on your topic to Ethel.

6. by Fernando Szekely

On January 13, 2012 at 12:49 am

We absolutely love your blog and find a lot of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for. Would you offer guest writers to write content in your case? I wouldn’t mind creating a post or elaborating on many of the subjects you write in relation to here. Again, awesome web log!

7. by gom player download

On July 20, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Very interesting topic , thanks for putting up. “The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.” by Herbert Spencer.