This idea is fun for the guests, and the expectant mom will come away with a thoughtful gift for the future.
- On the invitation, ask guests to bring one small item for the time capsule.
- Prepare a large box to serve as the capsule. It can be an ordinary box, decorated with current newspaper headlines. Or you can choose a prepared gift box. You might also want to consider a container that's made of a sturdy and waterproof material.
- Decorate the room with memory-themed artwork, such as newspaper pages from key years, or movie posters that recall an era.
- Serve foods, such as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or summer lemonade, that will inspire guests to remember important events from their pasts.
- Have guests come in costume -- let them choose their favorite eras.
- Fire up the video camera to capture the event on film.