Baby Shower Ideas For The Second Time Around
This party works especially well for a second or third child, since by then, it's clear how crucial a role dads play.
- Invite men and women. Encourage couples to attend.
- Pick a standard party decor, rather than a traditional baby shower theme -- which can be a bit too heavy on pastels and baby animals for a mixed gathering.
- Ask the guests of honor for gift suggestions ahead of time. They may have specific household or hobby items in mind.
- If your guests will be bringing children, prepare separate kid-friendly food.
- Display historical photos of the Mom and Dad. They can be baby pictures, wedding photos, pictures of when the couple first met.
- Give "couples" door prizes. For example, longest-married, most recently married, most children, youngest children, etc.