Have fun with the decor in this animal-themed fest.
- Specify on the invitation that twins (or more!) are expected so that guests will purchase gifts accordingly.
- Set out food items in twin sets -- two matching bowls of chips, two plates of cookies.
- Buy twin items for goodie bags -- two rolls of films, two chocolates, Doublemint or Dubble Bubble gum.
- Plan the party early. Multiples are frequently born before their due date.
Game: What Do You Call a Baby...
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Playing time: 15 minutes
Players: All present
What you'll need
- a large piece of paper or poster board
- a dark marker
- paper and pencils for the guests
- a timer
Before the party
- Do a bit of research. You'll need a list of animals and the proper name for their offspring. Get creative. Sure, everyone knows dog/puppy and cow/calf. But will they get turkey/poult or raccoon/kit? Mix easy and difficult ones.
- List on your poster board -- in clear letters -- the names of 20 adult animals.
At the party
- Seat guests so they can easily see the poster board. Distribute paper and pencils.
- Give guests five minutes to study the board and try to guess the names of as many baby animals as possible.
- The guest with the most correct answers wins.
Gifts for Guests
- double picture frame
Party favor idea
- a traditional party bag -- with two of everything
Gift ideas for the guest of honor
- double picture frames
- two sets of stroller toys or baby blankets
- double set of booties or hats
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.