Consider making the party a potluck and ask guests to bring their most reliable family recipe.
- Keep track of who is bringing what so you can be sure to have the proper number of main, side, and dessert dishes.
- Decorate with fresh flowers, herbed bouquets, colorful tableware and other country kitchen finery.
- Rent some Julia Child videos and have them running as "background music."
- Create a basket of local take-out and delivery menus for the mom-to-be.
- Give out aprons and chef hats to wear.
- Consider choosing a specific food theme such as Asian foods, vegetarian, or finger foods.