Room-By-Room Fire Prevention Guide
- Don't drape scarves or clothing over lamps.
- Never set heavy objects on top of electric blankets that are in use.
- Keep space heaters at least three feet from bedding, furniture and other flammable items.
- Don't run extension cords under rugs.
- Be sure electrical cords are not pinched by doors, cabinets or under furniture.
- Never leave candles unattended.
- Don't use space heaters while sleeping.
- Never smoke in bed.
- Be sure secondary exits such as windows are not blocked by furniture.