Room-By-Room Fire Prevention Guide
Is your home fire-safe? Use this checklist to make sure your home is free of hidden fire hazards.
- Don't store paper towels, dish towels or other flammable items near the stove.
- Maintain a kid-free safety zone three feet around the stove when you're cooking.
- Don't leave cooking food unattended on the stovetop or under the broiler.
- Keep the oven and stovetop free of grease build-up.
- Turn pot handles toward the center of the stove.
- Store matches and lighters out of children's reach.