- Place pads on edges and corners of tables to prevent injuries.
- Use extension cords sparingly. Run cords behind furniture, out of reach.
- Place houseplants out of your child's reach -- some may be poisonous.
- Secure tall freestanding furniture, such as high bookcases and cabinets, to the wall. Use brackets available at your local baby or hardware store.
- Place physical barriers around your fireplace.
- Secure televisions and other heavy items (such as lamps) to the table to prevent tipping.