- To prevent scalding burns in the bathtub, make sure your water heater is set to 120 degrees.
- Consider child-resistant "toilet locks" that secure the lid when the toilet's not in use.
- Unplug all electric appliances, such as hair dryers, when you're not using them, and store them out of reach.
- Place nonskid mats or rugs in the bathtub and on the floor to prevent falls.
- Make sure everything in your medicine cabinet has a child-resistant cap. Store all medications in their original containers.
- If the medicine cabinet is not out of your child's reach, install a child safety latch, or keep medicines in a new, locked tackle box.
- Remember to supervise young children in the bathroom at all times.