Your Summer First-Aid Kit
Don't hit the beach, pool, or park without these skincare staples:
- spray bottle of cool water
- antibiotic ointment such as Bacitracin or Polysporin (for cuts or abrasions)
- rubbing alcohol (in case your child steps on a splinter or nail)
- tweezers (to remove ticks)
- hydrocortisone cream and Benadryl (for bug bites and bee stings)
Kristen Finello, expecting her firstborn this month, lives in Scotch Plains, New Jersey.
Originally published in American Baby magazine, June 2005.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.