By 24 Months
- She can't walk.
- She doesn't speak more than 15 words.
- She doesn't use two-word sentences.
- She doesn't seem to know the function of common household objects, such as a telephone, fork, and spoon.
- She doesn't imitate your actions or words.
- She can't push a wheeled toy.
- She doesn't follow simple instructions.
Hallie Levine Sklar is a freelance health and fitness writer who lives in New York City with her husband, Jamie.
Originally published in American Baby magazine, November 2006.
All content here, including advice from doctors and other health professionals, should be considered as opinion only. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.