Tummy Tool Kit
Have these on hand for typical stomach ailments.
- Sensitive baby wipes maintain good diaper hygiene without further upsetting the skin.
- Diaper cream provides a protective layer between baby's skin and irritating bowel movements.
- Burp cloths keep your clothes, carpet, and furniture somewhat spit-free.
- Pedialyte gives baby valuable electrolytes that help prevent dehydration during periods of vomiting or episodes of diarrhea.
- Petroleum jelly moisturizes skin during times of frequent diaper changing. It's also good for soothing bottoms irritated by constipation.
Laura Jana, MD, is a new member of American Baby's advisory board.
Originally published in the March 2009 issue of American Baby magazine.