A Seat that Grows with Your Child
In this economy, who doesn't love a product that you can use and use and use? Well you're in luck. Most high chairs today come with a transition option. This means the seat can be used as a comfy cradle, in an upright position for first-time feeding, as a toddler booster for independent (or getting there) eaters, as a youth chair that can pull up and under the table, or as a spare seat at the computer desk. Check out these picks if you're in the market for a seat that will suit every stage of your child's life.
Investment Seat: Bloom Nano
Why We Love It: For newborns to 6-month-olds, this seat starts as an off-the-ground cradle -- cool!
- Microsuede upholstery.
- Multiple grow-with-child modes.
- Fits up to 79 pounds. Wow!
Investment Seat: Blossom 4-in-1 Seating System
Why We Love It: The quick-change seat button means transitioning the chair into its many options is a no-hassle snap.
- Six-position height adjustment.
- Dishwasher-safe pullout tray.
- Convertible harness with three and five.
Investment Seat: Svan Birtch
Why We Love It: Simply remove tray and safety guard to use this seat as a full-size chair at the dinner table.
- Comes in five finishes.
- 13 seat-cushion options.
- Blends in perfectly with the grown-up furniture.
Investment Seat: Svan Anka
Why We Love It: Specifically crafted so the tray can be removed, the seat lowers and -- you guessed it -- slides perfectly under the dinner table so Baby can break bread, too.
- Ergonomic, adjustable frame.
- Fits up to 50 pounds.
- Tray stores on the back of the chair.
Save Some Space
Just because you have a baby doesn't mean you have to have an obstacle course in your kitchen or dining room. A bulky high chair that requires lots of room can kill the cook's mood. Say bye-bye to room ruiners and space-eaters with these chairs that easily fold up for quick concealing in the pantry or spare closet (all are ideal for city dwellers with teeny kitchenettes).
Space Saver: Astro
Why We Love It: With the lift of a lever, this high chair falls flat to the floor for no-nonsense assembly (and disassembly).
- Folds flat.
- Five-point harness keeps Baby locked in.
- Comes in classic colors (tan, black, white, and cool aqua).
Space Saver: Spoling
Why We Love It: Behind the backrest is a practical storage pocket ideal for bibs or a package of wet wipes.
- Easily removable machine-washable cover.
- Folds up in three steps.
- Pulls up to the table so Baby can socialize with the family.
Nix Useless Nooks & Crannies for Quick Cleanup
There's nothing worse than a high chair with lots of creases and crevices. They trap gobs of food and tons of crumbs. And worse, sometimes all of this mess goes undetected -- that is until you smell something funky or the family dog becomes best friends with Baby's high chair. Try these chairs that boast cool, smooth lines and hardly any crumb catchers.
Quick Cleanup: Flair Pneumatic Pedestal
Why We Love It: The seat is seamless, making cleanup cake! Just wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- Contemporary design.
- Glides effortlessly in all directions.
- Fits under most tables.
Quick Cleanup: Zuma
Why We Love It: Double seat pads are easily removed to shake out crumbs and boast this bonus: They are machine-washable.
- Eight-position adjustable height, with an easy-to-use telescopic mechanism.
- Three-position reclining backrest; for eating, playing, napping.
- Easy-to-clean seat.
Quick Cleanup: Antilop
Why We Love It: There are zero nooks and crannies here. Spray it down with a mild soapy solution and wipe clean.
- Simple design.
- Seatbelt included for added safety.
- Ideal for cramped kitchens.
Copyright © 2010 Meredith Corporation.