More No-Fail Soothers
What comforts your baby? We asked readers for their unique, no-fail soothers:
- The vacuum cleaner: if he's screaming and I turn it on, his tears stop instantly. -Nicole VandeBoom
- I downloaded an app that plays the sound of crashing ocean waves. It works every single time I play it for him.
- My 3-month-old daughter is soothed by the sound of the breast pump's motor. -Priscilla Stone
- Both of my children love having their ears cleaned. Gross, yes, but it puts them right to sleep! -Kimberly Vaughn
- No matter how upset my daughter is, she's always soothed by Taylor Swift. No other singer works. -Meghan Reeves
- I run my pointer finger from the top of her forehead down to the tip of her nose. I can do this to my husband, and his eyes get heavy too. -Traci Schuh
- Classical music worked for my colicky son. -Sofia Koza-Topp
- Rubbing his head. -Stephanie Bautista
- My husband's and my old driver's licenses! As long as she's clutching them, she's completely fine. I don't know why! -Christine Chestburg
Originally published in the June 2011 issue of American Baby magazine.