What to Wear for Special-Occasion Photos
Keep in mind that you'll get a better picture if your child is relaxed. A scratchy dress, starchy shirt, or stiff shoes may not put your kid in the best of moods. Still, if that supercute but not-so-comfortable crinoline (or blazer and bow tie) from Great-Aunt Susan needs an occasion, go for it. Just be sure to click fast -- you should be able to get at least one good shot within five minutes, right?
To keep your child looking pulled together for a family dinner or holiday party, here are some pointers:
* Rethink turtlenecks and sweaters. It's easy to become overheated in a crowded room. And kids hate to feel constricted.
* Skirts tend to bunch up, but a diaper cover can save the look.
* A cotton sweater vest paired with khakis is comfy but dressy for a boy.
* Soft, non-itchy knits are easy to care for and comfortable to wear.
* Bring an extra set of clothes, and don't forget a bib!
Copyright © 2007. Used with permission from the November 2007 issue of American Baby magazine.
All content on this Web site, including medical opinion and any other health-related information, is for informational purposes only and should not be considered to be a specific diagnosis or treatment plan for any individual situation. Use of this site and the information contained herein does not create a doctor-patient relationship. Always seek the direct advice of your own doctor in connection with any questions or issues you may have regarding your own health or the health of others.