Courtesy of Philips AVENT
Using a Philips AVENT Comfort breast pump is very intuitive, Kerri Jablonski, a mom of three and brand ambassador for the company, says. "We have enough complications in our lives as moms. We don't need anything more complicated."
According to Philips AVENT's own research, 23 percent of women who breastfeed stop within the first three months because of pain or discomfort. Knowing that, the company strives to create products with ease of breastfeeding and comfort in mind. For example, the design of Philips AVENT Comfort allows moms to lean back or forward and to truly relax while pumping -- something that Jablonski says is particularly important to exhausted new moms.
Jablonski shared the following tips to guide moms on how to use the Philips AVENT Comfort breast pump.
- Read the instruction manual.
- Wash your hands and make sure your pump parts are clean and ready to go before you start.
- Settle into a relaxing spot and make yourself comfortable. Some women like to have a photo of their baby to look at, or their baby's blanket to hold.
- Place the assembled pump to your breast, centering the flange around your nipple.
- Turn the pump on. This begins the stimulation phase.
- When your milk begins flowing, adjust the speed to your comfort level.
- When you're finished pumping, turn the machine off and take the flanges off of your breasts.
- Carefully unscrew the bottle from the pump, place a cap on it and refrigerate.
- Clean any parts that touched milk or the breast.
Copyright © 2013 Meredith Corporation.
Shop Related Products