Nursing Shopping List
These supplies will help make nursing easier, which will increase your odds of nursing longer.
- Several supportive nursing bras. Look for styles without an underwire. The wire can dig into your milk duct and interfere with milk production.
- Lanolin ointment designed for nursing moms. It helps soothe sore nipples.
- A nursing pillow. These clever, inexpensive pillows save your back and help you position baby more easily.
- Nursing pads. You'll have far less laundry to do if you place these absorbent pads in your bra to catch leaks.
- A breast pump. There are many kinds, from handheld to electric. All of them help relieve engorgement and may even allow you to prepare some reserve bottles so you can leave your little one with a sitter for a few hours.