Roses by the Dozen
Seemingly just as popular as the traditional symbol of romance is around Valentine's Day, the name Rose has proven to be quite the popular middle name. In chronological order, here's a sampling of some of the celebs who have recently bestowed this moniker on their daughters.
- Michelle Pfeiffer adopted daughter Claudia Rose in March of 1993, shortly before marrying television producer David E. Kelley.
- Sylvester Stallone and wife Jennifer Flavin have three roses of their own: Sophia Rose (August 1996), Sistine Rose (June 1998), and Scarlet Rose (May 2002).
- Before Teri Hatcher was a Desperate Housewife, she and then-husband Jon Tenney named their daughter Emerson Rose in November 1997.
- Johnny Depp and girlfriend Vanessa Paradis greeted daughter Lily-Rose Melody in May 1999.
- Boston Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek and wife Karen named their first daughter Alexandra Rose in January 2000.
- Rocker Eric Clapton and wife Melia named their first daughter together Julie Rose in 2001.
- Charlie Sheen and then-wife Denise Richards welcomed daughter Lola Rose in June 2005.
- Australian actress Rachel Griffiths of Six Feet Under and husband, artist Andrew Taylor, then welcomed daughter Adelaide Rose a few weeks later.
- Soleil Moon Frye and husband Jason Goldberg (co-creator of the MTV hit Punk'd) welcomed their first child, Poet Sienna Rose, in August 2005.
- Daily Show host Jon Stewart and wife Tracey named their daughter Maggie Rose in February 2006.
- Actor/director Jon Favreau and wife Joya named their daughter Brighton Rose in August 2006.
- In October 2006, rocker Melissa Etheridge and partner Tammy Lynn Michaels named one of their twins Johnnie Rose.