- February 19, 2014
- Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc.
- The Danger:
- The gift box of assorted chocolates includes one piece of candy that contains peanuts, a known allergen, and the food ingredient label on the box did not state that the product contained peanuts. Fannie May decided to recall the products after a customer contacted one of our telephone customer service representatives to report that the ingredient label on the box of chocolates did not state it contained peanuts. Individuals who have an allergy or severe sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they come in contact with or consume this product. To date there has been one reported incident of an individual who had an allergic reaction who was treated and released from further medical care. Fannie May is not aware of any other incidences, nor have there been any other reported illnesses.
- About 12,000 units of 4.0 oz., red heart-shaped gift boxes measuring 5 1/4" by 5 1/2" in size and containing eight pieces of assorted chocolates including one caramel/peanut candy are being recalled. The red heart-shaped box has a rose motif foil paper with the name "Fannie May" in silver lettering along the right side of the box and a label in the upper left stating "Fannie May Assorted Chocolates NET WT. 4 oz. 113g." The back of the box has a full nutritional label which also states: "This product has been produced on equipment shared with peanuts, treenuts, soybean, milk, eggs, and wheat".
The item is identified as SKU #77202 with the UPC number on the label of 0 52745 96000 2.
Lot information on this product is 13344, 13345, 13361, 14010, and 14014.
- Sold At:
- 450 drug stores, grocery stores and gift shops in the Midwestern Region of the United States that included Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, and Indiana.
The number of states included in the recall was updated on Feb. 20, 2014, removing Missouri and adding Michigan, Minnesota, Arizona, and Florida to the list of affected areas.
- What To Do:
- Dispose of the product, and consumers with questions may contact Fannie May Confections Brands, Inc. at 330-494-0833 Extension 193 or email email@example.com.
- For More Information: