- December 5, 2013
- Academy Sports + Outdoors
- The Danger:
- The hooded windsuits have drawstrings in the hood around the neck area that pose a strangulation hazard to young children. No injuries have been reported.
- This recall includes about 6,600 Girls BCG Hooded Windsuits in sizes XS, S, M and L. The windsuits are made of water-resistant fabric and include a jacket and pants. The jacket has a front zip closure and elastic cuffs. The windsuits come in pink with black on the jacket at the top shoulder and a black side strip on the pants, gray with blue on the jacket at the top shoulder and a blue side strip on the pants, and purple with lighter purple on the jacket at the top shoulder and a pink strip on the pants. You can find the SKU and style number on a label sewn inside the jacket on the left side. The style number is SGBCGA9001 and the following SKUs:
SKU: 0024229635, 0024229486, 0024229569
SKU: 0024229643, 0024229494, 0024229577
SKU: 0024229650, 0024229502, 0024229585
SKU: 0024229668, 0024229510, 0024229593
- Sold At:
- Academy Sports + Outdoors stores and on the firm's website academy.com between September 2013 and October 2013 for about $20.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the drawstring from the windsuits to eliminate the hazard, or return the garment to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, contact Academy Sports + Outdoors by phone at (888) 922-2336, or go online to academy.com and click on Product Recall Info for more information.
- For More Information: