- September 11, 2013
- Books & Videos
- Hachette Book Group, Inc.
- The Danger:
- A metal rod holding small beads on the cover of books can detach and release small parts that present a choking hazard. A detached metal bar can expose a sharp edge posing a laceration hazard. No injuries have been reported.
- The recall includes about 70,000 board-shaped children's books. The books have cut out covers that serve as a handle and include an embedded bar in the handle with beads for children to play with. "Ages 3+" is printed on the back covers and the ISBN numbers are also on the back covers near the bar code. Two titles are included:
Count my Kisses, 1, 2, 3, ISBN: 978-0-316-13354-8, has five colored cylindrical wooden beads with printed hearts on the rod; and,
Red, Green, Blue, I Love You, ISBN: 978-0-316-13353-1, has five colored circular wooden beads on the metal rod.
- Sold At:
- Barnes & Noble, online at Amazon.com and by other booksellers and retailers from June 2013 to August 2013 for about $8.
- What To Do:
- Immediately take the recalled books away from children and return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. For more information, call the company at (888) 965-5802, go online to hachettebookrecall.com, or go to hachettebookgroup.com and click on the Recall/Important Safety Notice box on the home page.
- For More Information: