- August 27, 2013
- American Importing Co, Inc./Amport Foods
- The Danger:
- People who have an allergy or sensitivity to peanuts run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reaction if they consume this product.
- American Importing Co, Inc. (d/b/a Amport Foods) of Minneapolis, MN is voluntarily recalling one lot of Amport Milk Chocolate Raisins because they may contain undeclared peanuts. This recall is based on a discovery that a container of Milk Chocolate Peanuts was erroneously labeled as Milk Chocolate Raisins.
The affected product is as follows:
12oz Clear Tub (UPC: 0 71725 71190 8)
Lot Code: 078X344
Best Buy: 12-19-13
The label for this product also includes a statement "ALLERGY INFORMATION: THIS PRODUCT IS PRODUCED ON EQUIPMENT SHARED WITH PEANUT AND TREE NUT PRODUCTS." This recall relates only to a single lot of Amport Milk Chocolate Raisins. No other Amport products are affected.
- Sold At:
- Albertsons, Farm Fresh/Supervalu, Hy-Vee and The Kroger Co. stores in the Mid-Atlantic, Midwest and West.
- What To Do:
- Return the peanuts to the place of purchase for a full refund. Call Amport Foods at (855)-273-0466. Please mention "Milk Chocolate Raisin Recall".
- For More Information: