- April 12, 2013
- Maxfield & Oberton Holdings LLC
- The Danger:
- These products contain defects in the design, warnings and instructions, which pose a substantial risk of injury and death to children and teenagers. There have been 54 reports of children and teens ingesting this product, with 53 of these requiring medical interventions.
- The recall involves all Buckyballs and Buckycubes high-powered magnet sets.These sets vary in the number of magnets included and come in a variety of colors. Individual magnets in the set are about 5 millimeters in diameter. Individual magnets in Buckyballs are spherical and individual magnets in Buckycubes are cube-shaped.
- Sold At:
- About three million sets of Buckyballs and Buckycubes have been sold in U.S. retail stores nationwide and online since 2010 for between $5 and $100.
- What To Do:
- Consumers should take the high-powered magnet sets and all associated individual magnets away from children and teenagers and contact the retailer from which they purchased the product to obtain instructions for their remedy:
Barnes & Noble, toll-free at (800) 843-2665 or online at barnesandnoble.com and click on "Product Recalls."
Bed Bath & Beyond, toll-free at (800) 462-3966 or online at bedbathandbeyond.com and select "Safety and Recalls" under Customer Service, then click on Recall Information.
Brookstone, toll-free at (866) 576-7337 or online at brookstone.com and click on "Recall Information" under Shop Brookstone.
Participating Hallmark retailers, toll-free at (800) 425-5627 or online at hallmark.com/recall-product/.
Marbles the Brain Store, toll-free at (877) 527-2460 or online at marblesthebrainstore.com.
ThinkGeek, toll-free at (888) 433-5788 or online at thinkgeek.com/buckyballs/index.shtml.
Toys R Us, at (800) 869-7787, or online at toysrus.com, then click on About Us, then select "Safety" at the top of the page, and then "Click here" under Product Recalls.
Overstock.com Inc. at e-mail email@example.com or online at overstock.com.
Updated on April 16, 2013.
- For More Information: