- March 28, 2013
- iCandyAmerica Inc.
- The Danger:
- The opening between the bumper bar and seat bottom of the stroller can allow an infant's body to pass through and become entrapped at the neck, posing a strangulation hazard to young children when a child is not harnessed. No incidents or injuries have been reported.
- This recall includes the iCandy Cherry stroller only in the colors Fudge (light-medium brown) and Liquorice (red and black). The iCandy Cherry stroller system has a telescopic folding frame where a seat, bassinet or infant carrier car seat can be placed. The seat unit features three recline positions, adjustable footrest, 5-point safety harness, removable canopy and removable bumper bar. There is a printed white cherry logo on the rear of the seat unit. A label can be found under the basket fabric on the frame tubing that supports the lower basket on the following recalled models:
Batch No. -- Cherry Stroller Color -- Serial Number
1. U10001169 -- FUDGE (IW119) -- 1-500
2. U10002 -- 170 LIQUORICE (IW124) -- 501-1000
3. U10014 -- 182 LIQUORICE (IW124) -- 1001-1500
4. U10013 -- 181 FUDGE (IW119) -- 1501-2000
- Sold At:
- Buy Buy Baby and other juvenile product stores nationwide and online at buybuybaby.com and other online retailers from October 2009 through December 2012 for about $400.
- What To Do:
- Immediately remove the bumper bar from the strollers and contact iCandy America Inc. to receive a free replacement bumper bar. Consumers can continue to use the strollers while awaiting the replacement bumper bar. Contact iCandy America at (877) 484-4179, e-mail email@example.com, or visit the firm's website at icandyworld.com and click "United States of America" and "Important Safety Information -- iCandy Cherry."
- For More Information: