- November 8, 2012
- Kids Furniture
- LaJobi, Inc.
- The Danger:
- The base of the glider rocker can crack or break, posing a fall hazard. CPSC and the firm have received 26 reports of the Avalon glider rockers breaking. In one incident, the occupant fell to the ground and sustained a minor injury. CPSC and the firm have received two reports of the CNS Box 2 glider rocker breaking with no injuries.
- This recall involves two models of wooden glider rockers: about 33,000 Graco-branded Avalon and 5,600 CNS Box 2/ Katelyn Nursery Solution Glider. Both products were sold in classic cherry, classic white and espresso wood finishes with sandstone colored fabric covered seats. The Avalon model comes with an ottoman. Only the rockers are affected by the recall. The Graco logo, products' item numbers, name and the place of manufacture are printed on the label located underneath the front part of the seat.
Glider -- Model# -- Wood Finish
1. Avalon -- 1062335-065 -- Espresso
2. Avalon -- 1062335-071 -- Espresso
3. Avalon -- 1062381-065 -- Classic White
4. Avalon -- 1062381-071 -- Classic White
5. Avalon -- 1062384-065 -- Classic Cherry
6. Avalon -- 1062384-071 -- Classic Cherry
7. Avalon -- 5827914 -- Classic Cherry
8. Avalon -- 8529752 -- Classic White
9. Avalon -- 9382976 -- Espresso
10. CNS/Katelyn -- 7822758 -- Classic Cherry
11. CNS/Katelyn -- 6858104 -- Classic White
12. CNS/Katelyn -- 8971382 -- Espresso
- Sold At:
- The Avalon model was sold at Burlington and other mass retail stores nationwide and online at Amazon.com, Target.com and Walmart.com from December 2009 to October 2012 for about $170. The CNS Box 2 / Katelyn model was sold exclusively online at Walmart.com from November 2011 to October 2012 for about $135.
- What To Do:
- Immediately stop using the glider rockers and contact LaJobi to receive a free replacement base for the glider rocker. Contact LaJobi toll free at (888) 266-2848 or visit website at www.lajobi.com and click on Recalls for more information.
- For More Information: