- May 26, 2011
- Color Match Pool Fittings
- The Danger:
- The recalled drain covers were incorrectly rated to handle the flow of water through the cover, posing a possible entrapment hazard to swimmers and bathers.
- If consumer's pool or spa drain covers were installed after December 19, 2008 and consumers have an in ground spa or wading (kiddie) pool or the pool has only one drain and that drain is not a channel drain, then the consumer may need to participate in the recall. A channel drain is in the shape of a long and narrow rectangle, (typically 3 or 4 inches by 30 or 31 inches or longer)-or is 24" x 24" or larger or 9" x 36" or larger-it is not affected by this recall.
- The affected models are:
- 8" Anti-Vortex Drain
Model #'s: 8-AV-101V, 8-AV-102V, 8-AV-103V, 8-AV-105V, 8-AV-106V, 8-AV-108V, 8-AV-109V
- 8" PebbleTop Drain
Model #'s: 8-PTD-10CV, 8-PTD-101CV, 8-PTD-102CV, 8-PTD-103CV, 8-PTD-105CV, 8-PTD-106CV, 8-PTD-108CV, 8-PTD-109CV
- 10" Anti-Vortex Drain
Model #'s: 10-AV-101V, 10-AV-102V, 10-AV-103V, 10-AV-105V, 10-AV-106V , 10-AV-108V, 10-AV-109V
- 10" PebbleTop Drain
Model #'s: 10-PTD-10CV, 10-PTD-101CV, 10-PTD-102CV, 10-PTD-103CV, 10-PTD-105CV, 10-PTD-106CV, 10-PTD-108CV, 10-PTD-109CV
- Sold At:
- Independent distributors to professional pool and spa builders and installers from December 2008 to April 2011
- What To Do:
- Consumers should immediately contact Color Match at 623-337-4120 or visit poolfittings.com/contact.html for a replacement or retrofit. For additional information contact the Drain Cover Recall Hotline toll-free at 866-478-3521 any time, or visit apsp.org/draincoverrecall.
- For More Information: